Find the right fit for your eyes at Delaware Vision Care.
Do you need vision correction but don’t want to wear eyeglasses full time? Contact lenses are a great option for almost anyone.
We offer a wide selection at our Delaware office, and our experienced team of eye care professionals can help you find the right contacts for you.
Call or click to schedule your appointment.
What are my options?
There are many contact lens options available. Your eye care provider will take your lifestyle and vision correction needs into consideration when helping you select the right lenses for your eyes.
Here are some of the most common contact lens types:
- Daily disposable contacts – To help prevent allergic reactions or bacterial infections in sensitive wearers. Disposable lenses are also appropriate for children who might not take excellent care when cleaning their lenses. This is the healthiest modality for eyes.
- Toric soft contact lenses for Astigmatism – Have you been told that you cannot wear contacts because of astigmatism? The possibilities are almost endless in regards to the types of astigmatism that we are now able to fit!
- Soft contact lenses for Presbyopia – Whether you have emerging presbyopia or full presbyopia, we have lenses for you. Technology in this area has greatly improved in the last decade.
- Contact lenses for Myopia Control – We are one of the few offices in Ohio that offer MiSight contact lenses for young children who are just starting to become nearsighted. In the majority of cases, MiSight contacts can either slow or prevent the progression of nearsightedness.
- Colored contact lenses – These are worn to enhance or completely change the visual color of the iris. They are still prescription contact lenses, however, and need to be treated with the same care you would give to regular lenses. Many — but not all — brands of contact lens companies offer colored lens options.
Contact Lens Recycling
With an increasing number of patients enjoying the eye health benefits and convenience of wearing single-use daily disposable contact lenses comes the potential for discarding the packaging of over 700 contact lenses into a landfill each year. Due to their small size, historically these materials are not recycled if placed in traditional recycling bins. Dr. Brad Oatney wants to encourage and welcome residents in Delaware County to save up and drop off the packaging (the blister packs and foil) along with the discarded contact lenses to be recycled at Delaware Vision Care. Dr. Oatney has found a company that covers the shipping costs to recycle and repurpose these materials. He also adds a note of caution: “I encourage patients to NOT FLUSH used contact lenses, because this can potentially cause problems at waste water treatment facilities.”
Delaware Vision Care partners with contact lens companies that sustainably manufacture and are certified net plastic neutral (meaning the company funds the collection, processing and reuse of general plastic waste that is equal to the weight of the plastic contained in the contact lenses and packaging).
Need a prescription?
We do that too! Delaware Vision Care offers comprehensive eye exams at our Delaware office. In addition to assessing your visual acuity, your eye care provider will examine your eye health and function.
Schedule a contact lens exam at Delaware Vision Care now.