Update on COVID-19 Policies:
As always, your health and safety are our number one priority at Delaware Vision Care. As your eye care provider, I would like to keep you informed of our policies during this unique and challenging time.
We have good news! We are opening for routine exams on Monday, May 4.
As we navigate through this crisis together, we are optimistic about the state of affairs in regards to COVID-19. We at the Delaware Vision Care family have really missed seeing our patients. Up until this time, we have been seeing emergencies and urgencies and working behind the scenes to get ready to reopen. We strive to make the eye exam and glasses buying experience to be a pleasant one, and will continue to do so as we simultaneously determine how to provide a safe and healthy environment in our office.
We have followed closely the recommendations of the CDC and the Vision Board of Ohio regarding how to proceed for the future in treating our patients. We have protocols for entering the facility and limiting the amount of people in our office. Disinfection has always been a priority in our practice, but we will be practicing even stricter protocols for keeping our team and our patients safe. In that regard, please note the following changes that we have made:
- Patients will be required to wear a mask or face covering
- We ask that patients refrain from coming into the office if you or someone you have been in contact with has exhibited symptoms of illness
- We will take your temperature with a non-contact device when you enter
- Please come into the office alone or with only one other person if absolutely necessary, as we attempt to maintain social distancing
- Please have all your paperwork filled out prior to your appointment. If you do not, we will have to reschedule your appointment
- We will continually clean surfaces including eyeglass frames and disinfect our office
- Our staff will wear masks and will wear gloves or frequently wash hands
Although there are no guarantees of absolute safety with this infection, we will do our utmost to protect your health. We look forward to working with our vision family again!
Dr. Gaudio, Dr. Oatney, Dr. Mihaly and StaffBack to top