Update on COVID-19 Policies:
As always, your health and safety are our number one priority at Delaware Vision Care. As your eye care provider, I would like to keep you informed of our policies during this unique and challenging time. As of now, we will remain open in order to serve the community. But, with the rapid developments of the Coronavirus COVID-19 situation, this is subject to change. Please note the following:
- According to CDC guidelines, for your protection, we are asking that those aged 60 and older to reconsider scheduling an appointment at this time unless you feel that it is absolutely necessary.
- If you are having flu-like symptoms, regardless of age, we ask that you refrain from entering our office in order to protect our staff and the community.
- We are doing everything that we can including taking extra disinfection precautions in our practice.
- As always, we are available for eye emergencies.
- You should be aware of Coronavirus COVID-19 symptoms. It presents just like the flu. Symptoms include: coughing, onset of muscle and joint aches and pains, fever, and cold symptoms. More serious symptoms include: shortness of breath. If you have these symptoms, please call your primary care doctor immediately and ask for instructions on what to do.
Starting the week of March 22, we will not see patients for routine eye examinations. Of course, we will continue to see emergencies and urgencies. If you have diabetes and are in need of an exam, we will see you. If you are getting symptoms such as headaches or blurred vision that make it difficult for you to function, then we will see you as well. Again, we are not examining any patients who have no symptoms or mild symptoms. If you need a routine eye exam, please call us and we can schedule your exam in a month or two from now
Starting next week, March 22, we will be open on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays only.
Also, please do not bring any other visitors to the office. If you must bring another visitor, please only bring one other person.
As a community, we will get through this difficult time. We want you to know that we will do everything that we can to help. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you.
– Dr. Ron Gaudio and the Staff at Delaware Vision Care.Back to top